Saturday, April 28, 2012

Big Purchase

A little over two years ago Brent and I made the decision to move to western Iowa. Brent previously worked for Principal Financial/Wellness in Clive and I was working for a Long Term Care Pharmacy in Johnston. Principal was going to be doing some cut backs and Brent may have been without a job. So my father-in-law Chuck gave Brent and great opportunity. Chuck purchased the only two car washes in Harlan, IA. Brent was going to learn the business of the car washes and eventually we would own them. Brent was the manager of the car washes until he felt he was ready to take the responsibilities. Well, that all took place last week. We officially purchased Schumacher East, LLC. So, we are the new owners of two car washes.

I had no idea there was so much involvement in a car wash, I learned very fast that you can't leave town very often cause someone will have a problem! I also learned something about Brent, he is very good at figuring out problems. If you want to run a car wash you have to be able to fix your own problems otherwise you would spend all your money on maintenance.

I felt like I was signing my life away (wait I was) at the bank last week, but I am super excited for the journey and opportunity that Chuck offered us. Here are a few pictures of our car washes. We call them them big car wash or the little car wash. But the "true" name of them is Ultra No Touch Car Wash---previous owners named them NOT us!

Enjoy

The "Big Car Wash" our main location. 2 Automatics 3 hand bays

Another view of the main location

View of the "little" car wash (1 automatic and 2 hand bays)

Little Car Wash
I love living in the Harlan area. I love the feeling of the small town. I am currently working at the HyVee Pharmacy in Harlan I will have been there a year this May. Brent and I are enjoying all the opportunities this town has offered us so far. Now, if only this baby would like to make an appearance so we can enjoy raising our child in a small town! 2 weeks left (if we make it to 40 weeks) I will try to get a Bump Date done tomorrow. We have a wedding to go to tonight so I will be dressed in something other than sweats or scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment